B.S. 1988, Western Michigan University
University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research, 2016
- Letters & Science Mid-Career Award for outstanding performance and professionalism, 2012.
American Scientific Glassblowers Society (ASGS)
- Great Lakes Section Arthur Dolenga Award for administrative, technical and fraternal contribution worthy of society recognition, 2019.
- ASGS Southeast section Dana Sampson Award for best Lampshop Hint in Fusion, 2017.
- ASGS Northeast section Karl Walther Award for best Fusion article, 2012, 2014, 2017.
- Helmut-Dreschel Achievement Award for outstanding contributions to the ASGS, 2012.
- Wale Award for best technical poster at national symposium, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017.
- Midwest Section Achievement Award for dedication and contributions to the ASGS, 2007.
- Wilt Award for best technical workshop presentation at national symposium. 2005.
- National Memorial Award for the outstanding Junior Member. 1998.
American Chemical Society
- Local Section Outreach Volunteer of the Year, 2017